For the second year, we are excited to be entering a team in the HBF Run for a Reason to be held on the 24th May 2015. There are three distances that you can walk, jog or run:
- Half Marathon 21.1km (no walking category available)
- Ramsay Health Care 12km
- Ramsay Health Care 4km
Over five years, the event has raised more than $4.2 million for over 100 local health charities. Tiny Sparks WA is one of those charities. Last year, our team raised a fantastic $3,310. In 2015, we have set our goal higher, to raise $6,000. Can you help us fundraise to provide the following to our community in Western Australia?
- $1,250 will be spent on printing and postage for 1,000 copies of an information booklet 'Hope - A guide to surviving bed-rest'. These will be distributed to maternity hospitals and obstetricians across the state.
- $500 will cover on the cost of running free monthly workshops for the year.
- $2,250 will provide 50 NICU care packages for parents of babies born very prematurely.
- $2,000 will providing 100 bed-rest care packages to mothers who unexpectedly find themselves in hospital on bed-rest in the second trimester/early third trimester period of their pregnancy, due to complications or risk factors associated with their pregnancy.
To join our team:
- Head to the HBF Run for a Reason registration site here
- Tick the box 'I'm a Participant'
- Tick the box 'Yes' to the question 'Are you part of a Team?' and click the green button 'Continue'
- Type 'Team Tiny Sparks WA' under the 'Team Name'
- Click the green button next to our team listing 'Join'
- Reconfirm by clicking the blue button 'Join'
- Enter your 'Participant Details' and click the green button 'Continue'
- Select your distance and click the green button 'Continue'. Note that last year, we had supporters participating in all distances and met up at the end.
- Select the shirt size (if you register by Saturday the 28th February, your name can be printed on your event bib).
- Complete the 'Additional Questions' and 'Event Pack' details.
- We would love you to create a 'Fundraising Page' by clicking yes and selecting 'Tiny Sparks WA'. Note that this is not obligatory to be part of the team, however, if you raise more then $50 on your fundraising page, we will give you a sports cap and water bottle as a thank you. Click the green button 'Continue'.
- Select merchandise as you wish and click the green button 'Continue'. Note that this is at your own cost.
- Continue through with the rest of the details, including payment of the entrance fee which is to be met by you.